WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET STARTED
Here you will find a collection of files that contain most of the information you will need to get started. Read files 1-6 and check out our calendar, then call when you are ready to make a visit with us without your dog. After this visit, if you think this is something that you and your dog can and want to do, then you can schedule your initial Test. Contact Kathy Nilan to help you get started or if you have questions.
All members of SCTD are registered through Therapy Dogs Inc, a large, national therapy dog organization that provides a liability insurance policy for the dogs. Several members of SCTD serve as Testers for Therapy Dogs Inc.
You must be at least 18 years old.
Your dog must be at least 1 year old to take the test and be eligible for registration with us and our national organization.
In most cases, you must have had your dog for at least 6 months before we will administer the test to you and your dog.
Some files on this site require that you have Adobe Reader. You may download the free Adobe Reader by clicking HERE.
SPACE COAST THERAPY DOGS, INC.
- An Overview of SCTD
- Getting Ready to Start with SCTD
- The First Visit with Your Dog
- SCTD Standing Rules
- Excellence Award
- Incident Report
- New Member Application
- New Dog Application
- End of Year SCTD Membership Renewal
End of Year Awards Nominations Form
- Personal Visit Log
- Sign-In Sheet
- Visit Coordinator Responsibilities
- Secure Files for Board Members
- Annual Award Recipients & Awards History
- PR Brochure
THERAPY DOGS INC.
- Therapy Dogs Incorporated Website
- How to Become a Therapy Dogs Inc Member
- Tester/Observer -Information
- SCTD Checklist for Finishing a New Team